A cothing drive to assist hundreds of
poor children in our community with
new clothing from the yomtovim .
Join us in this Mitzvah!
For further information call
Rebbitzen Bylu Zaks
845 538 7100
• In addition to our many educational programs, the Yeshiva operates many chesed programs
as well . Below is a small sample listing of these important programs:
• GMACH Free Loan Fund (loans without interest) for students or other members of the
community in need.
• Kollel stipend program for young married adults continuing their Torah education
• Hachnosas Kallah Charity fund for poor or orphaned brides.Click on Wardrobe Shopping
button for more information. To join in this mitzvah please contact Rebbetzin Bylu Zaks
• Hachnosas Kallah housewares groups. Each group consists of 60 volunteer donors who
"adopt" an item on the housewares list and purchase their item once monthly. The items are
then sent to a coordinator who then delivers the package to the Kallah's home. B"H multiple
groups have formed in Monsey, Kiryas Yoel, Brooklyn, Montreal, Yerushalayim, and more. Click
on housewares group button for more information. To form a new group or to join please
contact Rebbetzin Bylu Zaks 845-538-7100
• Hachnosas Kallah funds are raised and used to pay for weddings and additional expenses
required to set up a new home.
• Adins closet- children's clothing Gemach giving new clothing to hundreds of needy children
in the community.
• Medical referral and support service to help the sick and their families.
• Free clothing "store": a women's clothing "outlet" that allows free "shopping" of NEW
clothing for poor women and young adults.
• Gmach Ezras Noshim: a free loan fund with small long term loans and no co-signers needed
to assist women with emergency food expenses.
• Someich Noflim -Legal assistance service helping stave off home foreclosures and other
emergency legal help.
• Chavrusa project- matching members of community with kollel students for Torah study.
• Siddurim and Chumashim Gemach
• Tape library
• and more ........................
Chofetz Chaim Kallah Fund, is a unique Tzedaka organization designed to help needy Kallahs throughout our communities begin their new lives with joy.
It all began about fifteen years ago with a phone call to the Rebbetzin about a young woman in the community who was engaged to be married. "This is a young woman who has
never owned a new dress, who has never gone to a store to purchase a pair of shoes, who doesn't know what it's like to have an article of clothing that belongs to her and isn't
shared among her siblings that she can take with her to her new home when she gets married next week, is there anything we can do for her?" Using her experience as a shopper she
quickly adopted this young woman's cause. She whisked the grateful Kallah on a whirlwind shopping trip, purchasing clothing for Shabbos and weekday, shoes, robes, coats,
scarves, hair coverings and personal items, outfitting her with dignity for her week of sheva brachos, her first year of marriage, and beyond.
The Kallah, thinking her mother had arranged this trip and never realizing that she was the beneficiary of Tzedaka, was overjoyed. Word spread, and she received a call about a
second Kallah, and then a third. The trickle turned into a flood, and today, the Kallah Fund works with over 100 Kallah's a year. They have arranged for donations and significant
discounts from sympathetic vendors and retailers, and is seeking equally kind and gracious personal shoppers as assistants to deal with the overflow.
One Kallah shopping at Off Fifth with a shopper, exclaimed at the beauty of the racks of clothing. "I've never shopped in a store before," she said in awe. " Since I was a small child,
my clothing has always come from bags of donations. I feel like a princess heading into my wedding with all of this."
The Kallah Fund using its shoppers' experience and knowledge is proud that an entire clothing trousseau is purchased for the least amount of money possible, high quality items
purchased at discount that retain their classic style and last for years. "With a relatively small investment we are able to purchase all of a Kallah's needs, even more significantly,
due to the generosity and time of so many wonderful people, we are able to do so in a way where the Kallah feels truly elevated.
What better hiddur can we give to the beautiful mitzvah of Hachnasas Kallah?"
Please partner with us by calling:
Rebbitzen Bylu Zaks at 845 538 7100